Friday, February 24, 2023

2023 Fantasy Nascar Picks (Cali)

 Welcome to Timerssports

Last week, I simply made a post on drivers I liked and didn't like very much which isn't typically how I make my fantasy picks article overall. I usually post my fantasy picks from games that I play. But I work night shift and I haven't really looked at my lineups yet at time of posting of the article. So I just did my research and picked 8 drivers to write on. That will not be the case this week for Cali. I will make picks for the Driver Group Game (my personal favorite game) and Draft Kings lineup as well. Those are probably the only games I am playing this year. In other articles this weekend, I will breakdown drivers that I would be targeting and fading. I hope to add a few other articles to the site this weekend, too. This gonna be a big weekend for Timerssports. As for this post, I will likely just add the Driver Group Game (DGG) picks for now and come back on Sunday morning and add the DK lineup picks to this post. It's exciting times as we are ''really'' about to kick things into high gear for the 2023 season! 

DGG Picks: 

A - 

Denny Hamlin, Kyle Larson 

Reasons - It's a new season, so I can't really say how to attack the new upcoming season on the first intermediate track. Hamlin has posted 6.3 average finish over his last 6 races on 2-mile tracks, so for now he is in my lineup. Kyle Larson is swinging 50% in his career for finishing in the top 5 at Cali and won this race a year ago. They didn't race here in 2021 and CGR was down on speed when they visited in 2019 and 2020. I don't think Larson and 5 car actually figured their car out until 2nd half of the race in 2022 when they won. If that 5 car unloads fast, I think the field should be very concerned. This is a very-like Kyle Larson track. 

B:

Kyle Busch, Martin Truex Jr, Austin Dillon and Erik Jones 

Reasons - This is a crazy loaded tier where I am not concerned at all about picks. This tier has the 2,3,4,8,19,23,42,45,48 and list goes on. There are enough choices in this tier that it should not be a major concern like the C-list tier. With that said, I had 4 guys at first that I will use 7-9 times. But after doing a little thinking, I changed my selection up a little. I am still going with Kyle Busch and Martin Truex Jr. Now for whatever reason that one of them look off in practice/qualifying, then I got two backup plans that should be a nice start-save option. Austin Dillon loves these big fast tracks and performed well at them in 2022. Erik Jones was very good at these type of track and finished 3rd here in 2022. Thinking outside of the box a little for this first race. 

C: 

AJ Dinger and Ryan Preece 

Reasons - This is interesting tier as we need 4 drivers to use 9 starts apiece from. Personally I will use 3 in this tier (Gibbs, Dinger and Preece or Gragson) most likely and get 9 starts elsewhere at Daytona, Talladega, road courses,etc. So my plan this weekend is to roll with Dinger and pair him with someone that could possibly get a start-save with. Preece is no bum. I believe Gibbs is top choice in this tier, then it goes probably Dinger then there a gap to Gragson and Preece. I think that gap could be a lot smaller than we think, though. 

Draft Kings Picks - TBD


Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com

Twitter - @Garryy12