Thursday, December 03, 2015

2016 Fantasy Nascar Profile: Tony Stewart

Welcome to TimersSports

Driver Name: Tony Stewart

Car #: 14

Make: Chevy

Season Debut: 1999

# of Career Races: 534

# of Career Poles: 15

# of Career Wins: 48

# of Career Top 5s: 182

# of Career Top 10s: 300

# of Career DNFs: 48

# of Career laps led: 12,751

Career Average Finish: 13.9

Career Average Start: 15.6

# of 2015 Wins: 0

# of 2015 Top 5s: 0

# of 2015 Top 10s: 3

# of 2015 Poles: 0

# of 2015 DNFs: 5

# of 2015 laps led: 24

2015 Average Finish: 24.8

2015 Average Start: 18.3

2015 Fantasy Recap: Smoke struggled in 2015 and probably had his worst year ever. Much like 2013, I think some expected him to heat up during the summer months. And we never saw that from the 14 car. I just got the feeling early on in the season it would be a very long year for Smoke. It was obvious that he didn't agree with the current race package. When they first tested it out, he wasn't much of a fan of it. So wasn't too shocked how he performed, but I did expect more 3 top 10 finishes though. Overall it was very forgettable season.

Strong tracks: Martinsville, Pocono and WGI

Weak Tracks: Kansas and Talladeaga

Yahoo Grouping Prediction: B-list Grouping Tier

Overall Value Prediction: : Limited

2016 Fantasy Outlook: I am not very high on Tony Stewart headed into the 2016 season. Yes I know everyone expecting the magical one last season from him. Sorry but I don't see it happening. His comments were very negative towards this package last season when they tested it , I believe if my memory serves me correctly. Unless there some major changes, I don't think that will change with a crew chief. Smoke may have a few good runs throughout the 2016 season, but otherwise I expect a lot of midpack finishes. Not much else to say about Smoke. There really a lot of unknowns about him. The big is was Chad Johnston that bad of a crew chief? Or have Smoke just lost his competitiveness? I think we learn both of those questions before half the season is over.

Twitter - @JeffNathans