Saturday, April 23, 2016

Fantasy Nascar Picks (RIR)

Welcome to TimersSports

Bristol's Recap: Boy was Bristol is fun race to watch! Okay that's not totally fair, it was only a fun race to watch if you had Carl Edwards in your fantasy lineup. He led nearly 300 laps of last Sunday's event. It really helped heavy contenders Kyle Busch, Matt Kenseth and Kyle Larson all finished the race laps down after having issues. From a fantasy point of view, Bristol was a tough race to escape from without making a bad pick. As several big names drivers found themselves in tough situations.

Richmond look-ahead: I like that Richmond is a day race for a change. I kinda hate how we had to practice during the day and race at the night. It fun for your everyday fan, but it can be quite difficult to predict as a fantasy player. In general, I like Richmond. There usually good racing here, but typically we don't see a lot of cautions. Richmond isn't your average short track, it provides solid racing with fast speeds. I would call it predictable. If you are expecting a bunch of unfamiliar faces up towards the front, then you will be sadly disappointed. Usually that isn't the case. I am taking a pretty simple approach this week. Choose drivers who have found success in the past Richmond and who have found success this season. That's a strategy I feel pretty good about. Let get started!

Yahoo -

A:

Start - Kyle Busch (7)

Bench - Joey Logano (9)

Reasons - Kyle Busch is a top 5 driver and probably more than that. Joey starts further up, but I don't see him sticking around up inside the top 5. I think these drivers will go opposite directions. Logano been too inconsistent this season for liking, so it Busch time again.

B:

Start - Ryan Newman (7), AJ Dinger (8)

Bench - Ricky Stenhouse Jr (9), Kyle Larson (8)

Reasons - Super easy decision this week. AJ Dinger looks like a steal this week with him showing some speed in both practices on Friday and Saturday. He will roll off from 10th and will give us a shot at least a top 15 finish. I have decided to pair him with Ryan Newman. Among Newman, Stenhouse and Larson, I trust Newman the most. This was the approach I took last week and it was a huge pay off. If it not broken, don't fix it folks. No need to get fancy and try to dig deep into dangerous waters. Take Newman and run!

C:

Start - Chase Elliott (8)

Bench - Ryan Blaney (7)

Reasons - I am starting to wish I would have put Scott on my roster. He is nothing special, but I don't think we get top 10 or top 5 finishes from either Elliott or Blaney. Both will likely get top 15 finishes though. I am going with Elliott because he have shown more potential this season and this is one of his best racetracks.

Fantasy Live - 4,18,83, 48 and 30

Sleeper - AJ Dinger

Winner - Kevin Harvick

Twitter - @MattAleza