Wednesday, May 03, 2017

2017 Fantasy Nascar Picks (Dega)

Welcome to TimersSports

Some weeks, you have really good scores in Fantasy Nascar, others you have ones that good enough to get by. Then there are weeks, where you wondered what exact went wrong. That's name of the game, folks. Richmond just one of those tracks that you will score pretty well or you just won't.

Time to move onto Talladega! This is a tough track to figure out when it comes to fantasy nascar picks. I personally hate making picks for plate races. I have done okay in the past, but for some reason, it is never really that good. I guess, that can be said for just about everyone. So how do you attack this place? There is not a wrong way to go about it really, nor is there is a right way either. You could go the typical approach and go with the best plate racers in the series. More times than not, it usually leads to fantasy success. There's so many ways you put a lineup together. My best advice for this weekend? Go with your gut and pray that your picks survive the mess! Let's get started!

Yahoo -

A:

Start - Brad Keselowski

Bench - Dale Jr

Reasons -I think two of the best fantasy choices this weekend are Keselowski and Dale Jr. Both are great drafters and former winners here. So who's the better choice? Hard to say, but I am leaning toward Keselowski. He has been the best plate racer in the series for the past couple seasons and the Fords are strong this season so far on the plate tracks.

B:

Start - Austin Dillon, Ricky Stenhouse Jr

Bench - Chase Elliott and Paul Menard

Reasons - Ricky Stenhouse Jr got me some qualifying points with starting on the pole, so why not go for some lead laps points as well? I think that's a good call, especially since he has a really good track record as well. So who should I pair him with? Elliott is too valuable, so he's crossed off already. Dillon or Menard? Menard would be a great call, but I am leaning toward Dillon. Solely because I like sticking with the majority at plate track and I think more people will have him than Menard

C:

Start - Landon Cassill

Bench - David Ragan

Reasons - C-list is all about saving this week and that's exactly what happening, too. Cassill is a pretty good plate racer, so I will take my chances with him

Fantasy Live - 48, 1, 2, 37 and 43

Reasons - There's 188 laps, which means you should go after drivers that start deeper in the field. Which is exactly why I am targeting 4 drivers that starting worse than 20th. Johnson is a underrated plate racer and starts 30th. Jamie Mac will find himself at the front at some point, but starts 23rd. I would like him to start further back, but I am okay with that. Chris Buscher is on my team because he is starting 34th. At worst, he will lose 6 spots in that department for a cheap price. Aric is on because of his success on plate races and will start 22nd. Also, I don't really like anyone else in his price range

Sleeper - Ricky Stenhouse Jr

Winner -Brad Keselowski