Sunday, March 28, 2021

2021 Fantasy Nascar Weekend Targets (Dirt Bristol)

Welcome to Timerssports

I have really sucked this season at posting every week and I really apologize for that. My life hasn't been the easiest over the past month and sometime I am just not into writing anything. I am gonna try to do a little better as the season goes on, though. I do have a little change for this weekend. Normally, I will write about some possible sleepers and dark horses. But I am taking that out of the rotation for this week and replacing it with a new article. As you see, this article is listed as ''Fantasy Nascar Weekend Targets''. These are the drivers that I would personally try to target. Since we never raced on dirt, I am gonna try to based it on things about a driver's skill-set or past background. I don't care if somebody says that they know what gonna happen this weekend, then they are lying their butts off. All we can do is based possibly predictions off season's results, success from Bristol in the past and drivers' background. We also can take practice into consideration, but I doubt it will matter too much when the green flag waves. I am 100% expecting a crazy race! 

5 drivers to Target: 

Kyle Larson - This should be pretty easy one. He is starting in the back, but in practice he maybe the best driver. Is anyone shocked by that? He is a regular on the dirt and can wheel a car better than probably anybody in the whole field. He is a godly talent behind the wheel and now it seems like he is with a team on par with his talent. It also seems like HMS is giving Larson the best possible equipment of all 4 drivers, that certainly doesn't hurt. When the schedule came out, I was circling Larson as the driver to beat on the dirt. Target him! 

Denny Hamlin - Hamlin sounded pretty happy with his car overall in practice and he has been maybe the most consistent driver in the series this season. I just have a really good vibe about Hamlin in this race. He also has the skill-set to wheel a car around this track. Hamlin should easily be one of the first drivers that we think of picking this weekend! 

Tyler Reddick - Tyler Reddick was pretty good in practice on Friday as well. Once he started to run the top the RCR's official twitter account said he was ripping off some pretty fast laps. This dude is almost Kyle Larson 2.0, in my opinion. He can wheel a racecar on just about anything, but sometimes he just over does it. Reddick is one of those guys in the field whom I absolutely expect to be at the front at some point. His starting position is a little worrisome, but if he can make it clear then I think he will be very tough to beat! 

Ryan Blaney - Blaney should be a popular option this weekend! Like the 4 drivers above, he looked good in practice. Like the 4 drivers above, he has talent to just about drive anything on anything. He is also coming off a big win last weekend at Atlanta. He is also pretty good at Bristol in general, but obviously dirt is a whole new animal. I do believe he will still be pretty good, though. It helps that he has been pretty strong week in and week out, minus those first few races this season. 

Christopher Bell - There were a couple guys that I were considering for this spot, but I think Bell's background gives him plenty of upside in one of the series' top rides. Bell came up as a dirt racer and then made his way up the Nascar's ranks! So having that dirt background is kinda what I am looking for in my picks. It won't translate into results automatically, but a lot of these drivers were saying how uncomfortable they been. I am sure even the dirt guys are uncomfortable, but at least they are semi use to it. Bell has been meh this season, minus the win and a few top 10s. But at the same time, it is hard to overlook his upside!

Let me know, if you guys would like me to make Weekend Targets as a regular post! I personally love this kinda of post, but I would love some feedback on how useful it is

All stats are from DriverAverages.com

Twitter - @Garryy12

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com