Friday, April 09, 2021

2021 Fantasy Nascar DGG Picks (MVille)

 Welcome to Timerssports

I won't lie, I was pretty disappointed last week that we had an off-weekend, even though I get it. I hate off-weekends, especially when I just been on a roll the previous two races. Scores of 333 and then a solid 285 at the shitshow of Bristol. So hopefully the downtime don't halt our momentum and we keep on trucking along our way here in 2021! Martinsville always has been a bit of challenge. Even though, I did pretty well the last few seasons here. I think it is one of those tracks that you can afford to go off-sequence, but I think going too far off-sequence get us into trouble, too. But that what makes this game so much fun! 

Picks - 

A:

Brad Keselowski 

Reasons - I am not gonna lie, I have had a really good feeling on Brad all week long. His numbers are just dumb, guys! In his last 18 races here, he has produced 15 Top 10 finishes. In his last 12 races here, he has produced 10 Top 5 finishes. This dude is something else at Martinsville! I have used plenty of Truex Jr and Logano starts early on, so I am 100% fine with taking Brad at a great track for him! 

B: 

Matt DiBenedetto and Kurt Busch

Reasons - I am going half and half here in B. Kurt has been awesome here over the last few years and needs a good run to get his season truly back on track. I haven't used a start, so I am okay with it. Matt D has been pretty fast this season, but the results haven't really been there. Combine that with his pair of top 10 finishes in 2020 and I am loving him as a sleeper pick! 

There are plenty of other names I talk about, too. HMS is well reprented with  Byron, Bowman and Larson being VERY popular. But I am giving them a break because frankly I know they are at their best on intermediate tracks. Austin Dillon and Tyler Reddick could be decent picks, but same reason as HMS. Also being frank, I simply think Matt and Kurt are just better picks overall. Even though it is pretty debatable with DiBenedetto! Kyle Busch is another great pick this weekend, but truthfully I really don't need him. Kurt is capable of getting a top 10 and Matt is capable of being a top 15 pick. I will gladly save my Kyle pick for another weekend!

C:

Bubba Wallace Jr - 

Reasons - At first, I was 10000% of board of using another McDowell's pick. Then I got to thinking about Bubba, honestly.  And I would be kinda dumb to use yet another McDoewell pick, when Bubba has a pretty good chance of being just as good. Maybe even better, if everything goes right. He was really good with RPM at these kind of tracks. At Martinsville, he finished 21st or better in his last 4 starts at this track. Including 3 top 17 finishes. 

Dark Horse - Kurt Busch

Winner - Brad Keselowski

**All stats are from DriverAverages.com

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com

Twitter - @Garryy12