Saturday, April 10, 2021

2021 Fantasy Nascar 5 Underrated Weekend Options (MVille)

 Welcome to Timerssports

Folks, I woke up early for nothing this morning it appears. So I am going to take advantage of by doing some Fantasy Nascar content for this weekend's race at Martinsville! Hard to say when the race will be held, though. Personally, I would put some money on it being held on Sunday's afternoon! Especially with all of the rain that is expected today/tonight in the area. So we should have plenty of time to ponder our lineups, which can be very good or very bad. Personally, If I had a gut feeling on a driver, then I would stick with it! I can't tell you guys how many times I regretted a decision that I changed just before the race! And sometimes, if you don't feel a driver then he might be best to avoid. 


Well here are my 5 underrated fantasy options for the weekend! 

William Byron - I know a lot of people will just look at his track record and be like, ''meh''. But he have had some really awesome runs at HMS. And I feel like this is the season where he finally starts to put it together Early on, it looks like he is capable of being a solid contender in the cup series. I think it helps a lot that HMS is ahead some other teams so far this season. At Martinsville, I think Byron is slowly but surely getting a hold of this track. Once he get there. I think he has a chance to be one of the best in the series. 

Bubba Wallace Jr - I am higher than most on Bubba this weekend at Martinsville! He had some good runs with RPM at Martinsville and I feel like the #23 team will benefit coming to track like this, where speed isn't the biggest factor! I also know a lot of people have judged the #23 harshly and I think that is unfair! I think they have had some speed, but the results haven't lined up with the performance. Those results will come, I promise you! This could be a good weekend to take a shot on Bubba!

Matt DiBenedetto - The last couple race, the #21 car has been really good. But they have had some bad luck. Even their twitter account has pointed that out. If they ever get some luck, I think DiBenedetto and the No.21 team can have some strong runs. His results at Martinsville in 2020 are very appealing. If you factor that with his talent and equipment, then I think you get a very solid fantasy option. However, I don't think enough people are talking about him.

Aric Almirola - SHR has clearly been down on performance in 2020 and I think Aric get the most judgement from it. Cole and Chase both get passes because they are young. And Kevin don't get judge because he has carried the organization. So there's just Aric in the middle getting belittled by fans, etc. I think it is unfair and I think it is blown out of proportion some! Clearly all of the drivers at SHR are having down seasons, but I think they are doing better than what we are led to believe. So why am I higher on Aric this weekend? He has a history of being a savvy racer on these shorter tracks. I also look back at that performance at Phoenix, where he was really good. Stated outside of the top 30 and spent some of that event in the top 10. He ended up in 11th. He was legit good for that event! I am not saying it will translate or anything, but it is encouraging, though. 

Ryan Newman - Newman is having a very underrated season! He really only has a couple poor races and the rest of actually really solid. Especially over the past 5 races this season, where he has finished 4 of those races in the top 18. Including back-to-back top 13 finishes in the last two races. He is also been very good in his career at Martinsville! This is very much a Newman kinda of track overall. Don't be shocked if Newman get a low-end teen finish and maybe some more! 

***All stats are from DriverAverages.com

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com

Twitter - @Garryy12