Thursday, February 03, 2022

Timerssports to resume operations in 2022

 Welcome to Timerssports


Good afternoon on this cold and snowy February. As many of you probably realize, I decided to simply stop operations of Timerssports back in April. Not the first time I have done that, but it probably the longest I ceased writing content. The question most of you are wondering is probably why, right? Great question! I say foremost the biggest reason was that I didn't have the motivation to write. Last April, I was working between 12 and 16 hours a day. I would be waking at 2:30 am and not returning home until at least 2-3 afternoon, if not later on some days. You do the math on that one. It didn't leave me with much time for anything else. Which meant all I had was my weekends and frankly I wanted those to myself. So the motivation wasn't there to spend half my weekend glued to my computer screen. 

I say the other two reasons were I don't get paid to write up articles and time as well. I think one of the biggest reasons for success and popularity of this site is because I have never charged anyone for my content. I will ALWAYS be free to my loyal readers. Folks, I spend a lot of time on my content and sometimes that hurts because my time is valuable as well. So really all three reasons kinda tie to together. I cant promise I will have time to write up stuff every week, but I will try to make an announcement ahead of time, though.

I will say that I am pretty impressive that this website had over 1,000 pageviews over the last 6 months, despite no new content being posted in about 10 months. So what can you expect to see in terms of articles in 2022? I really couldn't say for sure. I am gonna try to post weekly race rankings for each race. I will try to post a weekly picks article, but I don't know beyond that. I think a weekly Preview and weekly update is up in the air at this point. There are still a lot of moving parts in my life, so that is hard to say what kinda content will be posted. 

Anyways, it is great to be back near racing season and I am excited to get back at the grind. I do have a couple articles planned for the next couple weeks, but I don't see myself doing anything for Daytona. I usually use that week as a rest up week before getting into content on the 2nd race. So that kinda what I am thinking will look like this season as well. 

Best regards, 

Timerssports Site Owner 

Garry Briggs

Questions?

Twitter - @Garryy12

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com