Sunday, March 06, 2022

2022 Fantasy Nascar DFS Picks and Fades

 Welcome to Timerssports

I thought last week was a really tough week to make picks at Auto Club because all of the unknowns and wrecks that occurred in practice/qualifying. So if you did poorly in DFS games, then you probably weren't alone. Your mindset in DFS always have to be short because you can suck one week and be awesome the next. How about this weekend? Who should you have your eyes on? Who are the top picks? How about who you should fade and stay away from? Excellent question and I have some answers to those questions! 

DFS top picks - 

Kyle Larson - Kyle Larson has a fast car this weekend and should have a chance to lead laps in the early going. In practice, it looked like he had the best car. He had a little fall off after awhile, but it really not enough for me to be too worried. Especially with his team putting out those amazing pit stops. The No.5 driver is great at restarts and that is important here at Vegas with passing being tough. Larson has a massive pricetag, but if he leads a lot and finish in the top 3, then it be more than worth it! 

William Byron - I really like Byron this weekend and he has a very fast car. He was a lock for all my lineups soon as he qualified outside of the top 10. He has a real chance to finish in the top 5 and gain a handful of PD points. That what you want in DFS, a driver that has a chance with PD points and finish at least in the top 10. Don't go with a driver because he will gain bunch of positions, it is worthless without him finishing in the top 5 or top 10. Byron has tons of upside this weekend 

Kyle Busch - I don't know much I love Kyle Busch this weekend, but he is starting 37th and will likely finish in the top 10. It is hard to say though because he has zero laps in this car and we don't know how well this car will hold up. But if he stay on the lead lap, then he gonna be an easy pick this week. 

Ryan Blaney - Another driver that starts pretty high up that I really like. He has shown speed this weekend and has a great track record. I wouldn't be overlooking Blaney at all this weekend. Vegas is a great track for him and Penske has a knack for winning at this place over the past 10 years. I have a really good feeling about him overall. 

Joey Logano - Like his teammate, I am pretty high on Logano. These Penske cars are pretty good once again this weekend. Logano has a pricey pricetag, but I think he is more than worth it. I think he is a very nice option, if you are looking for a cheaper top guy than someone like Kyle Larson. Long as Larson don't lead like 150 or 200 laps, then you should be fine. 

Tyler Reddick - I think Reddick gonna be very good once again today and finish somewhere in the top 10. I like that a lot because I only see a couple guys coming from deep in the field and that should make him a great option when considering his price to other guys starting up front. I like maybe 3-4 guys outside of the top 10 more than i do Reddick

Kurt Busch - I don't really love Kurt Busch, but he is starting 31st and he will likely finish in the top 20 (if not better). I don't know what up with this team, but they have gotten off to a shitty start this season. But Kurt is a talented driver still and he should be able to advance at least 12 spots. I don't like going with drivers just because of PD points, but Kurt will likely be a lot closer to top 10 than he is to the top 20. Really, it all depends how your lineup is made up as well.  

Fades - 

Christopher Bell - I think Bell either gonna stay up in the top 5 all day or end up fading to latter part of the top 10. I don't hate Bell, but I just dont see him staying up front and put him as a disadvantage in DFS compared to guys that start further in the top 10 or just outside of the top 10. Straight up, yeah I say he is a top 5 to top 10 driver in terms of speed. But we always gotta factor in other things like consistency, trust, etc and I don't trust him far as I can throw him. He certainly could break even today as a DFS option, but I think there are better choices in the price range, though. 

Kevin Harvick - Harvick is starting 25th, so ideally he should be a great fantasy pick? I think most people would say that but I don't know after watch last week's race, though. I was very impressed and he hasn't blown me away this weekend yet. He did run a lot of laps in practice, but I just don't know if his pricetag will warrant selection. Really, I wouldn't even call this a fade because he is not a bad play. He is probably a good play, but I am just not expecting him to max out his value this weekend. So more of a warning? 

Martin Truex Jr - It may seem like I am picking on the Gibbs cars, but I am really not. So far, I am not very high on them. Bell is the only one that has shown legit speed and I have concerns about him. Truex Jr been meh all weekend in my opinion. It was same thing last weekend as well. That is probably the bigger reason why I am lower on him than normal because the Gibbs cars really weren't that good at Auto club, either. I would stay away from the Gibbs cars until we get a better idea about them overall

**All stats from DriverAverages.com

Twitter - @Garryy12

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com