Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Fantasy Nascar Sleepers & Busts (Kansas)

Welcome to TimersSports

Sleepers -

Aric Almirola - Kansas is Aric's best racetrack and he been one of the hottest drivers over the past 5 Cup races. In fact he been one of the most consistent drivers this season. Looking at Aric's track record, he been very impressive since making his 2nd start at Kansas in 2012. In 2012, he probably had one of the best cars and should have won that race. Since that race, he have 3 of the past 4 in the 8th-11th place range. Aric is a safe bet to finish least inside the top 15 and may even extend his top 10 streak to 5 of the past 6 Cup races.

Austin Dillon - Much like last week, I am pretty big on Austin Dillon. Shocker right? I been all-in on him since Slugger took over as crew chief for AD. He been fast almost every single week and have been a top 15 driver for the past month or two. Much like last season, he have consistency gotten better as the season have gone on. I was pretty impressed by Dillon last weekend at Charlotte. He should be a top 15 driver headed into the weekend. I will be watching him closely in practice and qualifying of course!

Ricky Stenhouse Jr - What if I told you Ricky Stenhouse Jr have finished 18th or better in 5 straight races, would you believe me? And what if I told you he have finished either 13th or 8th over his past three races, would you believe me? You better because Ricky boy is on fire of late! Kansas been good to Ricky as well and a lot of people forget he is only in his 3rd-full season as a Cup driver. Back in his rookie season, he finished 11th in April 2013 at Kansas in his debut. Since he haven't been anything special, but he haven't been terrible either though. In the past 3 races (minus 2013 Fall race in the chase), he have finished 19th-24th in every race. If we go by his most recent results this season, he is a sneaky fantasy option to slip in your lineup without your competition even knowing.

Busts -

Paul Menard - I always have had a love/hate relationship with Paul Menard. Early in the season, we are best buds and then he becomes inconsistent. Unfortunately for Paul, when he becomes inconsistent, he loses almost all of his fantasy value. Despite a solid track record at Kansas, you cannot trust him to deliver quality finishes. As most of you learned last week at Charlotte. As much as I like Paul at Kansas, I trust trends more than track history. The trends say he is nothing more than a high-teen driver or a low twenty-ish driver. There are better options out there to consider!

Jimmie Johnson - I usually don't list Jimmie on this list in back-to-back weeks, but man he is in a slump and it just haven't been these past two races. He haven't really showed us much of anything since mid-July. It pretty much a repeat of 2014. Managed to string together some wins early in the season and then he falls off the map. To add on his woes, Johnson is eliminated from the chase. That doesn't bodes well for him as we saw last week. I am almost certain HMS will focus on giving Dale Jr and Jeff Gordon the top-tier equipment. If you want to trust Johnson to get a decent finish and break out this slump, then fine be my guess! However I am not touching him until he shows he is a legit threat to win again.

I want to end this article by sending my thoughts and prayers out to my good friend Jewel Black (@) who passed away on Monday. Thanks for the memories, Jews!


Alright that it for this week's edition. Check back on Saturday night and I will have a updated version!

Email - briggs_garry48@yahoo.com

Twitter - @Garryy12