Saturday, September 26, 2020

Fantasy Nascar Sleepers & Dark Horses (Las Vegas)

 Welcome to Timerssports

It been a whole month, since I actually had any time to write up any Fantasy Nascar articles. I am very disappointed in myself, but that how life goes sometimes, too. I do have some very good reasons for not posting any content, though. I recently just moved and been working the past couple Saturday afternoons/evening. With all of theses night races? Yeah, there's zero chance I was gonna get a chance to write anything up. Anyways, I suppose that is enough of my excuses! We are headed to Las Vegas this weekend for a Sunday night race! We are at the stage of the season, where we know whom fast on the 1.5 mile tracks and whom isn't. However, we are in the playoffs, so I try to keep that in mind as well. If you pick guys that are racing for the championship, then that likely is pretty wise. With that said, it doesn't mean the non-playoffs contender can't run well on Sunday and even win. A lot of things to consider for Sunday's rac at Las Vegas!

Below, I have some pretty good sleepers and dark horses for consideration!


Sleepers - 

Austin Dillon - Dillon had a great first round of the playoffs with finishes of 2nd,4th,and 12th. Those are some awesome finishes, but yet he still doesn't get any respect. I believe that the causual think that he is some driver that spent majority of the season running in the 20s. That is so far misleading and very inaccurate! In 19 of the 29 races this season, Dillon has finished in 15th or better. In those 29 races, he has an average finish of 15.7. He also has 3 DNFs to his name, which obviously drags his stats down. Without those three finishes (so just 25 races), he has an average finish of 12.6. Dillon is way better than people give him credit for in general and these RCR cars has been really strong on these intermediate tracks in 2020! Dillon finished 4th in the first Las Vegas in the spring time!

Michael McDowell - Watch out for McDowell, as I believe is super underrated in general here in 2020. In his last 4 races this season, he has posted 3 finishes of 16th or better. And he has been no bum on these 1.5 mile tracks, either. In 3 of his last 4 races on these 1.5 mile tracks, he has finished 16th or better. McDowell is criminally underrated and has a top 20 average finish (19.6) for the season, through 29 races. It is really impressive to see what McDowell has done in his level of equipment! 

Dark Horses -

Aric Almirola - Almirola went on a super impressive streak of top 10 finishes (9 straight) and then went into a long slump. He really went under the radar and we didn't hear much from him. Recently, he has risen and has posted 3 straight top 10 finishes and 4 top 10 finishes in his last five races. Almirola has done this very quietly, as I doubt that the average fan has realize how well he has done over lately. And he has been very good at Las Vegas lately, too. In his last 6 races at Vegas, he has the 8th-best average (11.3) in the series. He finished 21st earlier this season here, but he was very strong all weekend from what I recall. I was pretty surpised how he struggled honestly. I remember that because I started him and I was angry at myself for using him in all my lineups. In his previous 4 races (before this past season's race), he has no finishes worse than 13th. Over his last 5 races, he has finishes of 21st,13th,10th,7th and 6th. 

Ryan Blaney - There's a lot of questions about Blaney this weekend and the biggest one is, ''what the heck happened to the Ryan Blaney from earlier in the season?'' He was very good in first half of the year and really has fallen off since. So why is he a dark horse? Well, he has been simply awesome on the 1.5 mile intermediate tracks. We have to go back nearly 10 races, before the last time we were at a 1.5 mile racetrack. I believe that is a reason for the decline in Ryan's production. The less intermediate tracks that we have seen, the less production out of him. Las Vegas is a great for him. He has been awesome here in his career and I expect him to surprise some people. Question now is, will Penske give him a competitive car or not? I hope they do! 

***All stats are from DriverAverages.com

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com

Twitter - @Garryy12