Monday, June 23, 2014

Fantasy Football: Mock Draft 1.0

Welcome to TimersSports

On Sunday evening , I took part in my first mock draft for the 2014 upcoming season. Believe me , it definitely wasn't what I was expecting (but rarely it is.) Personally that what I love about Mock drafts. For me it about having notes/comparisons. Each year I typically take part in 5 mock drafts before my real drafts. First one coming in late June (other four coming in Mid July , Late July, Early August and finally the day before draft day.)

Below are few notes from my first Mock draft:

1. Rbs are hot selections early on- Something I knew already was running backs will absolutely fly off the board extremely fast in the first 15 picks. Backs are very valuable due to the lack of legitimate options outside the first 15.

2. Gordon dropped like a bad habit- Amazing how Gordon was an realist top 12 pick a few months ago. Funny how a few drug tests can change that in a flash. In all honestly , I don't think he even a draftable option this season. Especially with a suspension on his hands.

3. Few big name quarterbacks dropped- I noticed a few big names quarterbacks dropped from where I expected them to fall. Most noticeably Matt Ryan, Tom Brady, and Cam Newton. Of the three, Ryan probably holds the most upside. Hoping all three keeps trending down. I would absolutely love to draft a quarterback like I listed in round 6 or 7.

Well that pretty much it..Hopefully everyone have a great day.

Thanks for reading,

Chase Edwards