Monday, June 23, 2014

Fantasy Nascar Early Thoughts

Welcome to TimersSports

Typically I write Fantasy Football articles, but since we are only in June. My boss (and Timerssports owner) Chase Edwards wanted me to write up an fantasy nascar article (of my choice) each week. So every Monday , I (Matt Aleza) will give my early thoughts for the upcoming race. I will keep it in a Yahoo format though. Sit back and enjoy.

A:

Johnson is the first guy that comes to mind. He been arguably the best driver since Kentucky debuted in the Sprint Cup Series. Unfortunately I am down to four starts. So I will likely leave him off. Harvick will likely become my primary choice this week. He will give me the best shot at the pole and will give me the best possibility at maximum points. Gordon will get the nod for my secondary choice. He is the safest option this week in my opinion. He been really consistent all year.
Kenseth, Kyle Busch , and Dale jr are all good for top 10. But I will pass.

B:

The name of the game in B is to manage your starts , while consistently scoring well. Everyone been circling this race for the Penske cars. With 5 starts apiece left , It almost a sure thing I roll least one of them. Something about worn out tracks that Keselowski and Logano seems to excel on. Menard is another guy I am eyeing this week. He been impressive. Props to him. 9 Top 10s and 3 Top 5s in 16 races. He is extremely valuable at the moment. Stewart rounds out my team. Definitely dodged a bullet at Sonoma (kept him on the bench.) I think Stewart could surprise people this week. Just a feeling though. Don't have anything to back it up. Newman and Vickers are guys that just on the outside looking in. Weather they make my team will come down to percentage. Same with Edwards.

C:

Group C was a mess at Sonoma. I mean Allgaier, Said and Larson killed several fantasy lineups. Ironically Danica Patrick was the group C savior. Now on to Kentucky. With no fantasy relevant part timer entered , we are force to use another Dillon/Larson. Unless you have guts to use Allgaier or Danica. In all honestly , I will likely insert Dillon as my prime choice and pair him with Danica Patrick. Afterall , she finish an respectable 23rd last year. She been much more stable in 2014. Anything near 20th would be a victory in my book.

Twitter - @MattAleza1

Thanks for reading ,

Matt Aleza