Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Fantasy Nascar Sleepers & Busts

Welcome to Timerssports

Every week I have tried my best to deliver the best fantasy nascar sleepers & bust candidates. Looking back I was successful in doing so. Hopefully I been able to help all my loyal readers. Today marks the final sleepers & busts edition of the 2014 season! Phoenix was very exciting as it was the final eliminating race. What will Homestead bring? What big names could potentially be a letdown? What under the radar driver will rise up and deliver glory? Grab a beer and sit back , because the show about to start.

Sleepers:

Martin Truex Jr- I been saying it weeks and weeks now that MTjr is starting to hit his stride and boy is he ever! As of Wednesday morning , MTJr was selected by 15% of Yahoo. His % is definitely on the rise in recent weeks. Its also helps Homestead is one of his best tracks on the schedule. I been impressed with MTjr despite an 17.7 average finish in his past 10 starts in 2014. He consistently ran top 12 , but also got loads of misleading finishes. Potential beats average finish in my book.

Austin Dillon: Seems like further we have gotten into this season the more Dillon have became forgotten about. Now Dillon isn't no Kyle Larson , but outside of Phoenix Dillon been very consistent. From my view he should be a nice sleeper for Homestead. Austin never raced here on the cup side, but similar tracks data say Dillon a stellar option. Of course I am referring to value/price. Dillon resembles an bargain deal. Mainly because he's shown he can run top 10 at a much lower price then say an Kevin Harvick type guy on similar tracks.

Dale Jr: There may not be a better sleeper then the driver of the 88 car. Since being eliminated from the championship , Dale jr have been one of the best drivers in the field. Including a win in that span as well. From a career standpoint , Homestead is a terrible track. But he has 2 top 10s in his past three races. I like that sort of positive trend.

Busts -

Jeff Gordon: I don't trust Gordon and I personally think he gonna do something stupid on Sunday. No doubt he will be fast , but how will he finish? His comments last week after Phoenix could be a good indication. Just my opinion , and I know a lot of people will disagree. But hey that's just me.

JMac: I am not big on JMac at Homestead. He is boom or bust. Really the definition of high risk/high reward. Not an ideally option I want batting for a fantasy championship. Personally I don't hate him this week , but just think he's overvalued in my opinion.

Well folks that the final sleepers & Busts article of the 2014 season! We got a few more articles to come out this week though.

After the season recap article on Monday (11/17) , we (Timerssports) will take a few weeks off. Before getting into our 2015 offseason coverage.

Twitter - @Gbriggs12