Saturday, November 07, 2020

2020 Fantasy Nascar Sleepers & Dark Horses (Phoenix)

 Welcome to Timerssports

It is the final race of the 2020 season and that makes me big sad, guys. I am always a little sad when we get to the championship weekend. Because it means this is my final chance to help my readers with their lineups. For all of the good content that I post (and I feel like I help a lot of people, I can't help but to think that there more I could had done during the season. Hopefully, everybody enjoys what info this blog brings because I have a lot of fun writing these articles. I am not always in the mood, but I have fun doing them once I start. Thank you so much to everybody whom has taken time to read this blog over the past 9 or 10 months, etc. But we have a job to finish this weekend at Phoenix and then we can take a little break. Sounds good? Alright let's roll!


Sleepers -

Aric Almirola - Aric went on a super strench of races at one point in the 2020 season, where he knocked off like 9 straight top 10 finishes. After that, he went back to his normal self. Being good, but also being inconsistent sometimes. On his best days, he will be a threat for a top 10 finish and maybe a little more. At Phoenix, he has been at his best over the last few seasons. And this season on these shorter flat tracks! He has yet to finish worse than 8th place on these shorter flats in 2020 season and he has finished 5 of his last 6 at Phoenix in the top 8, too. To further strength his case, he has a career-best 14.9 average finish in 19 starts at Phoenix, which makes that his best average finish of any track. He also has a 10.1 average finish over his last 7 races here, which is 4th-best among all tracks. I also want to note that these shorter flats has always been where Aric has performed and finish the best on. 

Clint Bowyer - Bowyer haven't had a great season, but this will be his final season as a full-timer driver. As he is stepping away from being behind the wheel and moving on to a role with Fox Sports. I have given Clint a lot of crap over the years, but a lot of that because I knew what he was capable of. He never really got to the star level status that a lot of people gave him credit for, but he knew how to pull out wins from time to time. I feel like he was at his best when MWR was at it peak. He never really climbed to that next level at SHR, like many expected him to. But the one consistent thing is did well was run well at certain kind of track. He was always a good fantasy pick on short tracks, shorter flats and road courses. Phoenix is a shorter flat track and he has been a top 10 driver on this kind of track in 2020. 

Dark Horses - 

Ryan Blaney - Awhile back someone asked me, ''What happened to Ryan Blaney?'' And you know, I don't think anything happened to Ryan Blaney. I think the schedule to start the playoffs was very unfavorable to him. I felt like he would show that he is one of the best drivers in the series over the last 4 or 5 races. And he been a top 5 driver in each of the last 4 races. In fact, he has finished in the top 7 in 5 of the last 6 races. Blaney has been on it and he has ran very well at Phoenix over the past few seasons. Not a great average finish, but boy he has performed well during the races. In 3 of his last 4 races here, he has produced a driver rating above 100. For whatever reason, he seem to run well here at Phoenix. 

Kurt Busch - I am not saying that he gonna win this weekend (he won't), but he has been pretty good on speed all season and has been pretty consistent at Phoenix over the past couple seasons. In 4 of his last 5 races here, he has finished in the top 11. In the last 12 races here, he has finished 9 times in the top 11, too. Kurt just simply finishes well here at Phoenix. Earlier this season, he also finished in the 6th posiiton. I have concerns since his performance on the shorter flats in 2020 sugguests that he is a teen-driver. But I have a good feeling that Kurt can run in the top 10 this weekend and maybe some more. 

***All stats are from DriverAverages.com

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com

Twitter - @Garryy12