Saturday, November 14, 2020

2020 NFL Predictions Week 10 (Part III)

 Welcome to Timerssports

NFL Predictions Week 10 (Part III) - 

Broncos at Raiders - 

I want to believe in this Broncos' team, but I have two problems with them: A) they have too many injuries to actually be good! 2) I don't really believe that Drew Lock is the answer for them in the short term or long term. No disrespect to him, but I never felt like he was a good pick when they selected him a few years ago. And he really haven't changed my mind. Yes, I know the inury bug really hit them this season. So I guess I should wait until next year to actually make a call on him, but I am not holding my breath on him. Overall I am not high on the Broncos this week. I fully expect them to get beat by the Raiders here in week 10! 

Raiders have played really well this season and should make the playoffs, long as they keep playing like they have. I will admit that they are inconsistent at times and have dropped some games that they shouldn't had. However, Derek Carr is playing really well and I really questioned if they could return to form after that horrible leg injury. It took him a few years, but he is playing like it! I think it helps that they went out and upgraded their defense and added some offensive pieces to their team! I think this Raiders can be dangerous down the road, if they get into the playoffs and get the right matchups. 

Prediction - I am not high on the Broncos and I believe the Raiders are the more well-rounded and healthy team. Don't overthink this one and go with the Raiders at home! 

Seahawks at Rams - 

Seattle is coming off a bad loss vs the Bills in week 9 and will look to rebound here in week 10. Russell Wilson has played amazing in 2020, but he is starting to rack up the turnovers because he is asked to do everything. I don't think their run game is as strong as it was in years past and they can't keep anyone healthy at RB. To make matters worse, they are on pace to have the worst pass defense in NFL HISTORY by like a 1000 yards. Guys, do you know how bad that is?  This is extremely worrisome from this team because they won't make it far in the playoffs. Think of the best teams in the NFC right now? Saints, Bucs, Packers, etc. What do they do well? They throw the ball! Yeah. And what do they do well on defense? Stop the pass! I am not making any predictions for January, but Seattle could be in trouble!

The Rams have a chance coming off a bye to close in and take the division lead! I believe they are more well-rounded team than the Seattle, but aren't on their level on the offense side of the ball! Like I mentioned a couple times this season, I get more 2018 vibes from this Rams team than I do 2019 (last year) vibes from them. With that said, I don't think they are as good as they were in 2018. However, they have a good healthy defense this season and Jared Goff is playing much better! I think not having Todd Gurley and force feeding him is huge as well. McVay is a great playcaller, too!

Prediction - This game could go either way, but I am going with Seattle in this one! I think they have different makers at WR and a quarterback that can take over a game on any drive. I think Rams have a more well-rounded roster, but they aren't nearly as explosive, though. Seattle is li believe have good enough offense to make up for their poor defensive play! 

Bengals at Steelers - 

I love what this young Bengals' team have done overall, but this will be a tough task taking on the undefeated Steelers! They are something else on defense side of the ball. Their front 7 is scary good and in my opinion the best in the league. When they decide to take a game over, I don't think there is an offensive line that can stop them. I do like what this Bengals team has done in 2020 and should be huge for helping them bulid their team going forward. But I don't think they much of a chance in this one vs the Steelers!

As I mentioned up above, I think Steelers have best front 7 in football and probably the best defense overall, too. I am still not 100% in on the offense, but is easily good enough for the Steelers for make a deep playoffs run. Will they go undefeated? Hard to say, but it's not crazy to think overall. I picked the Steelers to win the division back in the off-season because I thought that they could do it alone with just decent offense play. Especially since their defense basically dragged them to 8 wins in 2019 with basically no offense to speak of. So obviously having Big Ben should take them to the next level and so far it has. 

Prediction - Good luck to the Bengals, but I don't give them a fighting chance in this one. The Steelers will take control of this game early and then it is pretty much all over for them

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com

Twitter - @Garryy12