Sunday, November 01, 2020

2020 NFL Predictions Week 8 (Part III)

 Welcome to Timerssports

NFL Predictions - 

Pats at Bills - 

The Pats haven't been overly good this season and that was expected. They lost Tom Brady and then multiple other pieces. They weren't suppose to be good this season and I think the fact that people thought otherwise is just credit for that coach they have. I respect Bill and think he is great, but there is no coach out there that could realistically win 10 games with this team. Newton isn't the same guy he was back in 2015, before the injuries piled up and offensively they aren't loaded with weapons. And on defense side of the ball, they saw a lot of players opt out o the season or opt out for other teams. 

Heading into the season, many considered the Bills to be the favorites for the East. Especially, after how they played during the 2019 playoffs and adding pieces to their team in 2020. I don't believe that defense is nearly as good as it was in 2019, but that offense is better and I think they are perfectly fine with that trade-off. They can win games by scoring points, not relying on other teams not scoring points. 

Prediction - I think the Bills are better team on both side of the ball and they will prove that vs a banged up Pats' team! 

Raiders at Browns - 

Raiders beat the Cheifs a few weeks ago and then was taken apart in the second half vs Tampa Bay. I gotta give the Raiders some credit, though. They were in control of that game until around halftime, then the Bucs took over and took control. As for the Browns, they are coming off another win. However, they did lose ObJ for the season. A lot of people think that is a massive lost for them, which I agree to a lesser extend. He will be a lost, but I don't think most people realize how below average he has graded out on the field this season. Make no mistake, this team will live and die by how they run the ball. Look at last week's game? They couldn't run the ball, so they fell behind by 20 points. They had to pass the ball to get themselves back into it. That isn't what they prefer to do, though. 

Prediction - I am going with the Browns in this one.  Raiders have been inconsistent and I don't think the Raiders will shut down their run game. 

Chargers at Broncos - 

Justin Herbert has been so fun to watch here in 2020 and this kid is the real deal! It helps that he has a good offensive supporting cast around him, though. Regardless, I don't think this week's game will be close beteen the Chargers and Broncos. I think the Broncos have great promise in the future, but I don't think Drew Lock is that guy for them. And even if he was, they are missing several of their best players. That's rough for them and I think the Chargers would win regardless. 

Personally, I don't believe that the Broncos winning would be a good thing anyways. They aren't gonna contend for a playoffs spot, so I would take many losses as possible to improve their draft pick spot. However, I know how sports work and players aren't wired like that. They will try hard as they can to win, but I just think the Chargers are the better team overall with the better players in this one. 

Prediction - Chargers by 9 points in one is my prediction. I like Justin Herbert and I like the offensive weapons that they have over in LA. 


Saints at Bears - 

Saints are in really bad shape for WRs in this game and will have to face a really good Bears' defense. I would feel good about Saints winning this game vs a below average Bears' offense. However, I really don't know who will this game. The Saints might win this one, but at the same time they might not. I don't believe that the Bears are good on offense and might be one of the worst in the league. However, they are good enough to win this game, if the defense play well.

Both of these teams are kinda in a similar both in their division. The loser probably gonna lose touch in their division. No, think about it. the Saints are playing the Bears this week and then the Bucs. The Bears play the Saints this week and then the Titans. The loser easily could drop both games and their division leader could easily win both game. With being a game behind? It would be really bad! 

Prediction - Hard to predict this game because I see it going either way. Bears have the better defense, but the Saints still have Drew Brees without most of his favorite targets. But they still have Kamara, whom many consider him as a top 5 running back. So I am gonna go with the Saints in this one, but I am not condifent in it!

Email - Garrybriggs265@gmail.com

Twitter - @Garryy12