Saturday, April 29, 2017

2017 Fantasy Nascar Picks (RIR)

Welcome to TimersSports


Fantasy Nascar Picks -

Yahoo -

A:

Start - Kyle Busch (8)

Bench - Joey Logano (6)

Reasons - This is my easiest decision of the week right here. Joey Logano will be starting in the back and Kyle Busch has a top 5 car and starts 7th. Is there anymore that needs to be said?

B:

Start - Ryan Newman (7), Ryan Blaney (7)

Bench - Kyle Larson (6), Clint Bowyer (8)

Reasons -Newman and RCR seems to be still struggling on the intermediate tracks, but they been half way decent on these shorter tracks though. So logically I am rolling with Ryan Newman. So Blaney, Larson or Bowyer as the second choice? Well Larson is starting deeper than I would like and I don't think he will score max points. So Kyle is out of the running. Bowyer or Blaney? Really tough call as I think they will only end up 2-3 spots apart. I am leaning Blaney right now because he will have a shot at leading laps. Remember what happened at Texas? Started 2nd and got to the lead eventually. I hope for something similar.

C:

Start - Ty Dillon (7)

Bench - Daniel Suarez (8)

Reasons - I don't think there is much difference between Dillon and Suarez, but I think Suarez has far more room to improve than Dillon does. I think Dillon's ceiling is top 15 most weeks and he has finished 16th or 17th a couple times this season. Like I said, there is not much room for him to improve right now. 

Fantasy Live -20,42,18 ,43 and 72

Reasons - I am going with a risky lineup, but one that may workout. I think Matt Kenseth can lead a good amount of laps early on. So I am rolling with him. So I want a couple drivers from the back that can move forward. Kyle Busch will start 7th and should contend for a top 5. So I will take that pick. Kyle Larson will start 18th place and should move up at least 10 spots and possibly more. Aric Almirola is a value play at 13.25. He will start 25th and will move up at least 5 spots. I see possibly 7 spots from where I am standing. Cole Whitt will round out as value play and budget option. He is cheap but should move forward to about 30th-33rd range. He's serves his purpose for the most part.

Sleeper - Ricky Stenhouse Jr

Winner - Kyle Busch

Twitter - @MattAleza