Sunday, April 09, 2017

2017 Fantasy Nascar Picks (Texas)

Welcome to TimersSports

Off to a great start in the two primary fantasy games in Fantasy Nascar this season. 95% Percentile in Yahoo and 99% Percentile on Nascar.com popular game's Fantasy live. Last week was all about having a good week and not damaging your season any. I think we accomplished that for the most part overall. Fantasy Nascar have a lot to do with good luck. Sometimes, you have it and sometimes you don't. When you have it, everything is amazing. When you don't have it, you just want to get the race over with. It the name of the game, which is why we call it fantasy. It's not real, but we get some into, it sure feels like this is a real game. To a lot of it is real. I like to think, at least.

Alright, let's get ourselves some more points!

Yahoo -

A:

Start - Brad Keselowski (8)

Bench - Martin Truex Jr (9)

Reasons -Missed out of using Harvick, but that's okay because Brad Keselowski has a great car for this weekend. I would make a strong case that he is on the odds-on favorite to win honestly. He looked strong in final practice and had the best 10 and 15 lap averages,too. Truex Jr will be good, but I am not feeling he will be able to dominate though.

B:

Start - Chase Elliott (7),Clint Bowyer (8)

Bench - Kyle Larson (6), Jamie Mac (8)

Reasons - My golden rule always been to avoid drivers that start in the back since so much can happen during the race. However, I am going against that rule this weekend though. Elliott is very fast, so I don't think it will take too long for him to get up there in the top 10. Sure passing it tough, but fast cars always find a way to be there at the end. I think a lot of people will bench the 24 because of his starting position. Not often do you get a chance like this. With 7 starts, I feel okay with that. The second starting spot is tough because Bowyer, Larson and Jamie Mac are all solid choices. But I am going with Bowyer because he has a lot of momentum and has ran well on the intermediate tracks. Also, Bowyer starting 3rd, too.

C:

Start - Daniel Suarez (8)

Bench - Erik Jones (6)

Reasons - Honestly, I wish I had Dillon this weekend instead one of these drivers but that okay. Jones is the prefer play by far. However, Suarez is less valuable. Meaning, Jones starts are more important. Do I think Jones finishes top 10 this weekend? I don't think so and a lot of that has to do with where he is starting. Just cannot risk using up one of my final 6 starts. 

Fantasy Live - 2,18,77,43,37

Reasons - I am going with a well balanced lineup in Fantasy live. Keselowski is the driver that I hope can lead some laps up front. While the likes of Kyle Busch and Erik Jones comes through the field. Then it for the value plays. Almirola is pretty happy with his car and has potential for a top 20 finish. That's solid points. You could trade down for a field-filler option to upgrade the Jones pick with someone like Elliott or Larson. However, then you are top-heavy. I don't want that. The finally Buscher because he is starting outside of the top 35. He will gain decent amount of spots. Enough that makes him worth the price. Again like Almirola, you could trade down to add more money to the top of the lineup. But as I said before, I want a well-balance lineup. This is the best combo I could come up with

Sleeper -Michael McDowell

Winner - Brad Keselowski

Twitter - @MattAleza