Sunday, November 19, 2017

2017 Fantasy Nascar Sleepers & Dark Horses (Homestead)

Welcome to TimersSports

First off, I want to thank every single person who clicked on a link or checked this site for Fantasy Nascar content! Thank you! You guys are the reason this website has been so successful. I hope it has been as fun reading as it been writing them up.

It always give me mix feelings when we come to Homestead, the final race of the Nascar season. I get excited because of the championship being determined. However, it also make me sad to know that we won't any cars on track until Daytona, again. That how it goes though. We have a lot of great content coming up for this off-season, too. So it is not all bad.

Like everyone else, I am looking forward to see who wins the championship. Martin Truex Jr, Kyle Busch, Kevin Harvick or Brad Keselowski? Obviously, Truex Jr is the odds-on favorite. But personally, I hope it is a good battle and keep us guessing until the final laps. Kinda like last year race at Homestead.

Of course, that is not what article is about though. You are reading this to see how I like for Sleepers and Dark horses! So let's start digging into that!

Sleepers -

Ricky Stenhouse Jr - I like Ricky this week and I liked him most weeks this season. The 1.5 mile tracks are pretty underrated for this 17 car, too. He has a lot of good runs on this type of track in 2017. And Homestead is a place where I think he will definitely excel on. He is starting from the 6th position in the race and is someone who can stay in the top 15, I think. And it helps, he is coming off top 10 finish at Phoenix, as well. In final practice, I thought he was pretty damn decent overall.

Jamie Mac - Jamie Mac has had a very good season, but things have fallen off for him here in the playoffs. He has been a bit more inconsistent than earlier in the season, too. I think his inconsistency has really hurt his fantasy value overall. Which is why I decided to list him as a sleeper. While there's a few reasons to believe that he will struggle at Homestead, I cannot convince myself he won't be at least top 10 or top 12 good though. He has been most consistent on the 1.5 mile tracks throughout the 2017 season. I got to believe things will go his way at Homestead. He's starting from 13th position

Dark Horses -

Erik Jones - Erik Jones will make his final start for the 77 team this weekend, before going over to the 20 team in 2018. Jones has been close to wins several times in 2017 and last week was the most recent race. I personally don't think he will win the race in Homestead, I do think he will be a solid contender. He's fast enough to challenge for a top 10 run and maybe more than that. He's a really good dark horse pick to consider.

Ryan Blaney - Blaney has ran well at times this season and he has ran inconsistent at times this season. I think earlier in the season, he was still trying to find himself as a driver. He was more up and down because he's a young driver trying to figure things out. As the season progressed into the playoffs, he gained confidences and been one of the more reliable drivers in the series. He is good enough this weekend to have potential to contend for a low-high top 10 finish. I would say about 8th or so place is his ceiling though.

Have a question or want to chat?

Email - briggs_garry48@yahoo.com

Twitter - @Garryy12