Thursday, July 20, 2017

2017 Fantasy Nascar Picks (Indy)

Welcome to TimersSports

Making fantasy nascar picks always seems to come down one or two late race-time decisions, doesn't it? You know exactly what I am talking about. You have two options, but only one roster spot. You go back and forth, but you cannot decide. Your gut tells you one thing, but your head knows the odds aren't in your favor for the gamble to pay off. Last week at New Hampshire that is exactly what happened with to me in Yahoo Fantasy Racing. It was between Erik Jones and Ty Dillon. My gut told me Jones was a bad play, but my head knew Dillon struggled all weekend. Right before race-time, I took the gamble of starting Ty Dillon. 40 laps into the race, Erik Jones wrecks. When things like that happen, it makes you feel like you are on top of the world.

Sometimes, you get pure lucky on those type of things. That exactly what happened at New Hampshire. So how about for this weekend at Indy? Well that put it like this, it is a unique racetrack overall. The only track that is comparable to it is Pocono. But again, it is not exact the same.  Another thing you should know is Indy (like Pocono) is a horsepower track. You need a strong and reliable engine to be good for 400 miles here. That horsepower will give you the leg up on the competition. No surprise, a lot of successful drivers have won here. Not to mention, several have gone on to win the championship that same year. I don't think you have to pile your lineup with star power, but I think a lot of winning lineups will have some heavy hitters at the top.

Let's get started with today's picks!

Yahoo -

A:

Start - Kyle Busch (5)

Bench - Kevin Harvick (8)

Reasons - I will make it easy for you this week. Don't ever bench the pole sitter! If you have Rowdy, then you better be starting him. He has led 100 or more laps in his two races here and been great here his whole career. No way do you bench for anyone from the pole.

B:

Start - Ryan Blaney (3), Kurt Busch(7)

Bench- Clint Bowyer (6), Kyle Larson (6)

Reasons -I thought this grouping tier was pretty slim this week overall. There were only about 5 or 6 drivers that I saw myself possibly using here. And that haven't changed. Among my drivers, the two drivers I am using is Blaney and Busch. I think Larson is the best driver in this tier still, but I cannot start him from mid-pack. Bowyer is consistent, but I will save him for another week.

As for other drivers in this tier, I really like Jamie Mac, Chase Elliott, Ryan Newman and Ricky Stenhouse Jr as a good sleeper.

C -

Start - Daniel Suarez (5)

Bench - Erik Jones (6)

Reasons -It is hard to go wrong with Jones or Suarez this week. On the speed charts, it look like Jones will run away with it. But I don't think so. Daniel get better as the weekend goes on and he will be there with Jones in the end. Personally, I am leaning Suarez as my starter right now. Just because I want to use Jones at Pocono and/or Michigan.

Fantasy Live - 18,20,42,47 and 34

Reasons - It is pretty simple this week in Fantasy live. There's 160 laps, so leading laps points aren't as important. The goal is to start drivers further back and hope one driver leads the most laps. Kyle Busch can do that. So I feel good there. Then I need a few drivers that will gain positions on the track. Kyle Larson is pretty obvious with starting 25th, he should get to the top 10 at least. Kenseth has a good price and starting outside of the top 12. He's a bargain, in my opinion. Dinger is starting dead last, so he is a no-brainer here. Landon Cassill is a good value price to end the lineup.

Fox Fantasy Racing - 42,47,24,88 and 20

Sleeper - Ricky Stenhouse Jr

Winner -Kyle Busch

Have a question or want to chat?

Email - briggs_garry48@yahoo.com

Twitter - @Garryy12