Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Fantasy Nascar Picks (Dover)

Welcome to TimersSports

Tough start to the chase all across the board, but we have another opportunity to get back on track. We are at Dover this weekend for the 3rd race of the chase. I was at Dover earlier this season as we saw Jimmie Johnson win another race! This weekend will be much more challenging with a tropical storm on the horizon that could cause many delays! Dover is a 1-mile racetrack that isn't comparable to any other track on the schedule. Some people say it Bristol on steroids, but I don't fully agree! There probably similarities in the two, but I am not putting much into that theory though. Let get started!

Yahoo -

A:

Start: Jimmie Johnson (6)

Bench: Jeff Gordon (8)

Reasons - Regardless how the weekend played out, I would have start Jimmie Johnson over whoever my second A-list option was. I will stick to that plan as well. Johnson will start from 5th and seems to have good speed on Saturday. Hopefully the 48 team can keep up with the track. Gordon the other hand just haven't showed me too much overall.

B:

 Start: Martin Truex Jr (4), Clint Bowyer(4)

Bench: Carl Edwards (2), Paul Menard (6)

Reasons -Tough decisions here! Probably should have kept Kasey Kahne, but I didn't. So I will have to go with Truex and Bowyer. Both should be least top 15 finishers and I am fine with that! Edwards is the best option among my choices, but I want to save him for the 1.5 mile racetracks. Plus I don't think Edwards team will be able to keep him up front.

C:

Start: Danica Patrick (3)

Bench: Justin Allgaier (5)

Reasons - Who will finisher better? I think it will be Danica. Personally I don't have faith in either driver, but Danica have outran Justin all year long. I think that continues at Dover as well!

Fantasy Live - 4,48,20,3 and 40

Sleeper - Austin Dillon

Winner - Kevin Harvick

Twitter - @MattAleza