Tuesday, September 08, 2015

Fantasy Nascar Picks (Richmond)

Welcome to TimersSports

Richmond is always a tough place to make fantasy picks. Now I don't mean this is a tough race to predict as we are aware that the best teams usually find their way to the front. However if you overthink your lineups, then you are likely in for a long and frustrating night. Does this always hold true? No, but you never know considering this is the final race of the regular season. Do you gamble and hope to hit big? Or do you play it safe and look onto the chase? I think that should depend on your situation in your own personal league. Personally I would try to have a combine of both on my respected fantasy teams. I hate putting all my eggs in one basket!

Yahoo -

A:

Start - Kyle Busch (2)

Bench - Brad Keselowski (7)

Reasons -As much as I would love to go against the majority in the final race of the summer segment, however why try to fix what isn't broken? There nothing broken with Kyle Busch, especially since he starting from 4th.

B:

Start - Carl Edwards (3), Jamie Mac (5)

Bench - Aric Almirola (7), Clint Bowyer (5)

Reasons -I wanted to go with a more start-save approach this week, since I had a great summer segment. However I may have overthought it this week with some last-minute changes. I dug this hole, so I will have to lay in it now. I wanted to save Edwards, but my hand is pretty much forced now. It was between JMac, Almirola and Bowyer. I decided to go with JMac because he have the best track record of the three drivers over the past 4 races at RIR. Almirola may get the call over JMac, since he probably have more to race for and been very consistent since Sonoma!

C:

Start - Justin Allgaier (7)

Bench -  Danica Patrick (3)


Reasons - I wanted to go with Ragan, but doing my C-list math I would be short about 2-3 starts. So I decided to swap Alllgaer in at last minute! I don't regret that decision, as I doubt he will finish where he qualified. I don't think it will be much of a different between Ragan and Allgaier. Patrick is another solid choice too.

Fantasy Live -4,22,18,47 and 23

Sleeper -AJ Dinger

Winner- Kyle Busch

Twitter - @MattAleza