Saturday, May 28, 2016

Fantasy Nascar Picks (Charlotte)

Welcome to TimersSports

It was nice to have a off-week from Fantasy Nascar and to just sink in the first 12 races of the 2016 season. At times it have been unpredictable, but overall I have  really enjoyed the racing. I think from a fantasy point of view, it becomes challenging some weeks when a driver (or drivers) don't show up and performed as expected. However this week at Charlotte, I fully expect the top teams in the sport to show up and be strong. Afterall this is one of the biggest race of the season for a lot of these North Carolina-based teams. I would argue it more important than winning Daytona 500 to some drivers and crews. Sounds crazy, but this race is about showing off to friends and family in the area. To me that is a pretty big deal.

So how do you attack your fantasy lineups this week at Charlotte? Great question! I honestly want to use data from this season's 1.5 mile racetracks as baseline for my picks. We had the All-star race on Saturday night, but I don't know if that the best way to base your picks. Sure it is the same track, but I have never been a fan of sticking all of my eggs in one basket. Also Nascar ran a different race package there as well. I wouldn't toss out that data, but I would rather start with data from other 1.5 mile racetracks. As they are full-races, not just a sprint like the All-star race. Also the conditions are different, not to mention the All-star race was completely insane. As for the 600, I want a good combo of stars and sleepers to make up my fantasy lineups. And if I am looking for sleepers, they have to have legit top 15 potential. This is a 600 mile event, equipment and the drivers will be pushed to the limits.

Alright enough of me, let's get into today's picks!

Yahoo -

A:

Start - Kevin Harvick (6)

Bench - Kyle Busch (6)

Reasons - Tough decisions this week for Charlotte. I thought both drivers were pretty close to each other in lap times. Very difficult to decide. So I am going with Harvick because of his recent success here at CMS. Also Harvick been arguably the best driver from a season standpoint on this type of track. He doesn't dominate, but he is the only driver to finish inside the top 10 in every one of them though.

B:

Start - Martin Truex Jr (5), Kyle Larson (8)

Bench - Austin Dillon (6), Kasey Kahne (9)

Reasons - I made some last minute changes before the deadline on early Thursday morning, so I didn't get to correct my post. However I am very glad I decided to swap Edwards for Truex. Martin Truex Jr will start from the pole and have the car to beat headed into the race. So he is a lock for my team this week. Even though I promised myself, I would try to save him. Not gonna happen now. So who do I pair him with? Let's look at who, we don't want to use. We don't want to use Kasey Kahne, right? Of the three options, he looked the least competitive and haven't really been good this season on this type of track. So it down to Dillon and Larson. Personally, I think it only will be a few positions between the two drivers. I have decided to roll with Larson over Dillon. Why? Well, I like that Larson have some major upside to him. Dillon I think has potential to finish inside the top 15 and maybe come away with a top 10. With Larson, I think he has more of a chance to contend for a top 5. Especially with the way, he have been running lately.

C:

Start - Chase Elliott (6)

Bench - Ryan Blaney (6)

Reasons - I have six starts left with each driver, so it really doesn't matter who I pick. As long as, I get the pick the higher finshing driver. I think that driver will be Chase Elliott. All season long, the driver of the No.24 car have outperformed and one-upped Blaney. I think we see more of the same this weekend.

Fantasy Live - 48,78,4,14 and 98

Sleeper - Chase Elliott

Winner - Martin Truex Jr

Twitter - @MattAleza