Sunday, May 29, 2016

Fantasy Nascar Post-Practice Sleepers (Charlotte)

Welcome to TimersSports

It not always easy to find fantasy sleepers when it comes to night races, with all of the unknown factors that come into play during the race. I personally wish, if we are gonna do night races then we would practice is more ideal conditions. Like moving practice to later in the day, compared to the daytime races. However that usually impossible because the start times don't really lineup for that to happen. So we have to trust what we already know and roll with it. Something I learn over the years is for fantasy sleepers, you should find a nice consistent option and just roll with him (or her) every opportunity you see fit. Typically, drivers who posts consistent results have a better chance at finishing well. Which limits the risk you are taking. That just a small piece of advice I have found useful since I started playing fantasy nascar. Alright, let's get into today's stuff!

Sleepers -

Ricky Stenhouse Jr - Stenhouse Jr is my fantasy go to option when I am looking at sleepers. He isn't flashy or a popular pick this season, most people in your league will overlook him because he drives for Roush. The facts remains, he have finished 8 of 12 races this season inside the top 16. Guess what? He have finished 16th or better at every intermediate track (Atlanta - 12th, Vegas - 10th, Cali - 5th, Texas - 16th and Kansas - 14th) this season. Also Stenhouse have been competitive on a weekly basis as well. Outside of Phoenix (he wrecked while running high teens), I cannot recall a single race where he wasn't competitively inside the top 15. Add in him qualifying 3rd and a solid day of practice on Saturday, Stenhouse should be primed for another top 15 run. Actually, I think he sneaks away with a top 10 finish.

Greg Biffle - Let's stick with Roush and talk about Greg Biffle. It have been a couple years, since I have even considered Biff as a legit fantasy option. But I think he could make some noise tonight. Why do I say that? First off, he will roll off from the 6th starting position. Much like Stenhouse, I expect him to fade after the race starts. However don't expect him to fade out of contention though. Biff was solid in pair of practices on Saturday and it seems like RFR as a whole have the speed to contend for top 15 finishes across the board. I think the driver of the No.16 car will have his best finish of the season. Not only that, but I also think he has his best performance of the season as well. He finished 2nd in this event last season, but that wasn't because of his performance. There is difference this season though. Biff have the speed to get a solid finish when the checkers waves!

Austin Dillon - This last spot was down to Kyle Larson or Austin Dillon. I personally think both of these young drivers will have a great chance at good runs. But I think Dillon is more of a sleeper than Larson is. People seemed to have forgotten how effective of a fantasy option Dillon can be. Also I don't think Larson is a secret anymore, with the way he been running the last few weeks. Dillon on the other hand, haven't been quite as a standout. But I think that could change tonight with a strong run. Why do I say that? Well for starters, Dillon have had a lot of really good runs this season on the cookie cutters. Every time we came to a 1.5 mile racetrack it seems like Dillon have least top 15 speed in his car. This weekend doesn't seems to be any difference. Sure, he starts further back than normal, but I don't think that stops him from finding a towards the front. Keep your eyes on the driver of the No.3 car tonight!

Have a question?

Email - briggs_garry48@yahoo.com

Twitter - @Garryy12

Thanks for reading,

Garry Briggs